Accountiviti Advisors CFO’s can assist you in all your business start-up needs. Call us at 1-888-810-7070 to schedule a free 30-Minutes Consultation. Below are some the things we can do for your new business:
- Determine the type of business entity in which you will conduct business. The major choices include sole proprietor, partnership, limited liability company LLC, corporation, and nonprofit.
- Apply for your Federal Tax ID number if you haven’t already.
- Register your business with your State Secretary of State or City or Town.
- Help you to establish a separate bank account for your business. This will significantly reduce the time and cost you spend on bookkeeping and allow you, at a glance, to track how much cash is going in and out of the business.
- Recommend financial software and assist you in setting-up an accounting system that matches the complexity of your business. There are many flavors of Accounting Relief and QuickBooks to meet small business’s needs. Consult a qualified Accountant that is Accounting Relief or QuickBooks Expert.
- Set up the forms you need to track transactions. For example, you’ll need an invoice or receipt form and checks at the very least. You might also want to set up purchase orders, estimates, and statements. All of these forms are included in QuickBooks so that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
- Check to make sure you have all of the business licenses you need. This usually includes a city license and sales tax license. You might also need food and beverage licenses, environmental permits, health permits, building approvals, and more. Go to www.business.gov to find out more.
- Assist you in securing business insurance to protect your financial investment.
- Create a realistic budget, and work within the budget as much as you can.
- Make estimated tax deposits throughout the year, especially if your type of entity is a sole proprietor, partnership, or S-corp.
- Value your time. Spend as much time as possible on your core business and outsource accounting, administrative, and legal work to experts and staff.